Sunday, June 22, 2008

Exams

schI'll be sitting for an OSCE (observed standardized clinical examination), a written test and viva voce at this end of this week, which'll mark the end of my first posting (Introduction to Clinical Medicine and Radiology) in third year.

Tests. Tests. Tests. I don't know how many tests or papers I've sat for since I was in kindergarten. I have a phobia about tests. And I got myself into an undergraduate program in which doing well in examinations is almost everything. Passion and interest alone would definitely not suffice.

The day before a test (even a minor one) is always a nightmare. I experience dyspnoea and palpitations. I feel drowned in helplessness and suffocated by tension. It feels like I've studied everything within the scope, and forgotten 90% of it. That's the scariest part. I panic. I call my mom to ask her to pray for me. I sms my close friends for solace and comfort. And I wish I had a boyfriend to talk to. Sigh.

Nevertheless, third year is quite fun. Less lectures. Lots of ward work. At least, I don't fall asleep during ward work.

I'd better get back to studying. Hope things will be fine. Look forward to my next posting, which'll either be medicine, surgery or Obstetrics & Gynaecology.

----------------------------------------------

The juniors will be coming in soon. Heard that one of them is gonna occupy my room, which is still short of one occupant. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll turn out to be a cute twink, and gay. LOL. I've been feeling quite lonely lately. I seriously need some accompaniment (in any form). Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment