Thursday, July 9, 2009

Adorable medical assistant

Despite having been away from civilization for only a month or so, I've begun to feel detached from the world I used to live in.

I feel sorta lonely at times, really. Yet, fortunately, my studies and the amount of case reports I have to submit by the end of the posting do keep me almost constantly busy and from spiraling downwards into melancholy.

For some reason, I'm at loggerheads with my group leader. I've never liked him since 1st year. And the fact he scolded CH and I for something trivial we did which, in his opinion, was wrong, just made matters worse.

It's not easy to make real friends who're genuinely nice to you in med school. Friends who'd cook porridge for you when you're sick. Studying and excelling in examinations are everyone's priorities. They're not to blame because everyone, including me, fears the consequences of failing a paper. There's a lot of competition and kiasu-ism is rampant.

Sometimes, I'm just tired. Sometimes, I wish I could have someone to fall back on. Someone to love. And a pair of strong arms to wrap around me. However, I know I can only dream for now.

By the way, there's a fucking adorable medical assistant in the A&E department that I thought was obviously gay.

Him: Dr. E and F (a couple) are going to HK for vacation. Air tickets are cheap.

Me: Oh ya? So nice.

Him: When's your holiday? I was hoping that I could go with you. You can speak Mandarin and this will definitely make things easier.

Me: ....

Him: Eh, what's your number ah?

Opps. Do I look that gay? =) Ahaks. Nah. Of course not. I think it's just that his gaydar is too sophisticated.

I did give him my number, though we barely even know each other. Not because I'm slutty k? It'd be too impolite of me had I refused, don't you think so?

We'll see. Heh.

5 comments:

  1. Haha he called you yet? I didn't know about the HK trip! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!!!! Go go go! You'll be going to date soon~ :P Congratulations~

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm... someone is enjoying ..... (fill in the blank)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! nice. =) i wish someone ask for my number too. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slut! Lolz... kidding. Call him up!

    ReplyDelete