Monday, March 8, 2010

Paeds

" So, you've come to the final rotation. I want you guys to make every endeavour to pass. For your information, it's the posting with the highest failure rate. In case you fail, you might not have the opportunity to resit the exam and this means you'll be be retained for a year."

That's what the posting coordinator said when we met her on the first day of Paediatrics Posting. And since then, I've been under tremendous stress.

The consultants really do expect a lot from us. Besides, the medical officers in the ward are ferocious. They may look very kind when playing peekaboo with the kids. But, you don't know when they're going to snarl and bark at you and ask you questions that make you feel as if you've not learnt anything in the past 4 years. I guess I have to thank them for showing us the discrepancy between the level we're at and the level which we should achieve.

Now, I realize I shouldn't have sniggered at my roommate when he was studying day and night like a bookworm when he's in Paeds.

I'm tense. And I still miss Caleb once in a while.

9 comments:

  1. You've never really slacked off right? Just continue doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paeds is always one of the most difficult postings. Many good consultants in Hospital Wanita dan Kanak-kanak Sabah. Work hard and work smart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have to push u harder... coz the children are our future (from a song) so they need more attention :)

    gd luck !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paeds isn't the easiest posting :) That would be Ortho :P Just take it easy and you should be able to get through it.

    So, thought of where you'll work already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. kor,alright!

    ld,oh little dove u didn't have to reveal my location kua. haha. nvm. i will.

    lucas, children can be annoying lol

    savante,not yet. hopefully somewhere with more entertainment but definitely not miri. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. little dove,lol...it's alright la. i was trying to maintain my anonymity like you but apparently i failed. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please delete my comment. I'll post a more anonymous comment. ;)

    Pass Caleb some past year questions or notes. You can pass it to him over a drink in some nice cafe in 1B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. little dove, considering the fact that you know so many things here in details including hdok, are you actually from here?

    ReplyDelete