Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hanging out with Caleb

I decided to come out to Dan two days ago after months of deliberation.

The much coveted chance of hanging out with Caleb finally came yesterday. I was so elated. Of course, Dan was with us too. In fact, Dan's the one who planned the whole thing and asked me out. So, apparently, he had no trouble accepting the truth about my sexual preference.

Caleb's startling talkativeness was similar to the pressure of speech noted the patients with bipolar mood disorder in manic phase in the ward. I didn't know he could be so talkative. He asked me a lot questions. And I could hardly keep up with his tempo while admiring the mesmerizing beauty of this smile. Well, is that a sign that we've known each other better and become closer?

Caleb’s cute. He’s brainy, lean and almost as tall as I am. He was very nicely dressed yesterday which made me even more ecstatic. Pink T-shirt. Nice jeans. A pair of Adidas shoes. Oh, did I mention I once saw Caleb topless from afar by accident? Haha. Scrumptious!

I did come clean to Dan about my liking for Caleb. He warned me that I might be disappointed.

I know how heart-wrenching it is to confess your love to a straight guy only to be brutally rejected. My past experiences have taught me well. At times, I don’t understand why I’d squander my time on falling for straight guys while I have a list of potential gay guys to choose from.

I don’t want to invest hope in something that’s unattainable. It’s exhausting and in the end, no one will get hurt but me.

Caleb, I like you.

Let this just be an infatuation that will dwindle into nothing with the passing of time. I’m penning this down so that I can have something sweet to reminisce and to laugh at when I'm grappling with osteoarthritis as my hair turns white.

7 comments:

  1. Hope everything will work out for you... any nice pics to share with us? kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wise move, to stop falling for straight men. You'd be emotionally worn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing hurts more than falling for a straight guy... haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's really hard to control when it comes to 'falling in love' this kind of thing, isn't it? it just happens... not like we plan it or something. anyways, i wish you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. may be you should ask him whether he is plu or str8 lo....or another way may be look into his eye....hahaha...XD

    ReplyDelete