Monday, September 26, 2011

Organ donation

That cute, topless Indian guy beckoned me over.

And enthusiastically told me in fluent Mandarin that he wanted sign up for organ donation.

I was moved.

I don't know what it's like to experience years of recurrent severe headache with epistaxis and bilateral ear bleeding and vomiting as well as mild right-sided body weakness with sensory involvement.

Yes, he has a brain tumor. Planned for surgery next year which carries a high risk of post-operative memory loss and further neurological deficits.

And he's only 24. My age.

He said he wanted his organs to continue to live and prolong the lives of others after his death.

His courage and optimism touched the deepest part of my heart. I have a lot to learn from him.

3 comments:

  1. @@ tat's one main reason of me wanting to become a doc, i can meet very interesting and swell person. best wishes to him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man,
    I am in awe of his generosity and that he can be so positive when things are bad for him. WOW

    ReplyDelete