Friday, September 30, 2011

Too gay

Before graduation, a few close batch mates and I actually vowed to opt for the same hospital ( one of the busiest in JB) for our housemanship.

But then, I betrayed them. 

I appealed for a hospital in KL during our induction programme. And I succeeded. Miraculously.

For 5 years in university, I was tortured by their homophobia. My circle of friends was pretty small and hence, they're the ones I spent most of the time with. 

I totally had no opportunity to display even the tiniest bit of the homosexual part of me.

When I dated guys, I had to choose the perfect timing and location at which I knew they wouldn't appear. I studied in a small town and I didn't want to be seen with a fit and gayly handsome guy. That would raise suspicion, right?

Therefore, 5 years is enough. That's it.

So, here I am in KL, a city bustling with gay life in my home country. The most dramatic thing that has occurred in my life here is that, I don't have straight friends now. I've just realized that. In the past, I used to always lament over not having enough gay friends. Nonetheless, at present, it's the other way round. I only hang out with gay friends. A overly gay phenomenon that worries me.

I don't mix with my colleagues after work. My straight colleagues I mean. Maybe I'm gotten too gay that I've forgotten how to socialize with straight people. 

And hey, I'm still single. Yes, I know. I Grindr. They're so many gay doctors around me. I have a gay roommate. My floor mates next door are gay. The cardiologist is gay. Gay nurses. Gay medical officers. Gay housemen. I see them almost every day. 

Perhaps, I'm just hopelessly obsolete when it comes to love. 

Oh ya, on a separate note, I haven't really been a good boy here, if you know what I mean. Kinda saddening. Coz I'm no longer an innocent guy with cherries no one dares to pop.



8 comments:

  1. Dont grindr so much la. I always see grindr-ing. :P

    U should make and wear the cardboard around ur neck. "Im gay. Im single. care to take in? " :PPPP

    ReplyDelete
  2. that wont be necessary. i think most gays can tell i m gay by looking at me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. din come and find me at pead pun :P haha (2 more week jek at IP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to be a good boy. It's over rated anyway.

    And this is coming from someone who used to be oh so squeaky clean. Letting yourself go sometimes is quite liberating. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, much progress there Luci ;)

    Nar, you're not obsolete just yet. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. not much of progress actually. working hard:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps you also need to balance up with your friends mixed...but I know, birds of a feather flock together...enjoy!

    ...Once Skyhawk

    ReplyDelete