Thursday, November 25, 2010

Beach Boy

I got to know Beach Boy on Grindr.

He texted me on Grindr. He didn't have a profile picture. Well, honestly speaking, I detest talking to guys who want to make friends but don't have the courage to reveal their looks for reasons I find very idiotic. I wouldn't mind if you choose to be anonymous in your blog. But, hey, it's Grindr!

But then, I did talk to Beach Boy. Maybe, there aren't many Grindr users in the vicinity. Maybe, I wasn't feeling kinda lonely at that particular moment. So, I actually responded and said hi, in a tone that was casual and indifferent enough to veil my desperation.

We had a nice conversation and then we proceeded to talk on WhatsApp.

He sent me a picture of him the next morning. Much to my surprise, he's kinda cute. Hehe. I nicknamed him Beach Boy because he likes to go to the beach. And I couldn't stop visualizing him frolicking in the seawater in his Bermudas and basking in the sun.

That's not the end of the story.

It was 2 days before my end-of-posting exam. To stave off the immense stress that's gradually building up within me, we were talking endlessly again on WhatsApp.

Just when I almost fell asleep from forcefully imbibing the salient features of an ocean of medical diseases,


.....he sent me this.

My bleary eyes were suddenly wide open, followed by a lightning of thrill and excitement that jolted through me. Ah! Look at those well-delineated rectus abdominis muscles divided by the linea alba in between and the rather distinct linea semilunaris at their lateral borders. The serratus anterior muscles. Those beautiful lines in the right and left iliac fossae diagonally downwards from his anterior superior iliac spines (ASIS) bilaterally. The love handles. And not to mention his broad chest, his biceps and brachioradialis muscles which fit in somewhat perfectly.

However, contrary to what you might be thinking at the moment, I was still able to retain my composure. :)

The other day, Beach Boy asked if we could meet up. I said yes, vaguely. Yet, we haven't agreed on the date and time.

Perhaps, I'm not physically prepared yet. I'm still making an effort to minimize the discrepancy between myself in my Grindr profile picture and my actual self, if you know what I mean.

We haven't arrived at a stage where I'd say I'm into him. I guess he serves more like a motivation for me to get rid of the diffuse lipoma of my anterior abdominal wall which has haunted me for years. :/

17 comments:

  1. do u believe it can last ? i mean i have to be honest , plse dont let looks fool u ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. im not a person to rain on ur parade , but unless ur looking as hot as that , plse dont be too happy ,coz there will always be udang di sebalik batu .its a bit more realistic if the person is normal looking . Of course i have never seen u , if u do look very good looking , by all means , ignore what i said .But u have to be careful when dealing with people that seem to good to be true . Look at TULS and his lover , i have see both of them , and their both ngam ngam for each other as their realistic .I BEG U NOT TO TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY , I AM BY ANY MEANS NOT DISRESPECTING U IN ANY WAY.But u have to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah..Nice Body..YUMMY YUMMY..Lucky you lor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grindr is not a place to look for partner. Physical outlook is definitely a booster for ur confidence...I wish u luck...the key is consistency n exercise.

    U made me think of myself as I was chubbiest during my final yr as well. I had fastfood few times a week plus the delicious banana leaf rice with curry mutton...becoz i was stressed but actually just a lame excuse for my poor self control on food.

    u can just mentioned all his muscles are nice...anyway good anatomy knowledge and very well applied...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just follow your gut feeling. Even though a meet might materialize, you'll know where and when to draw the line.

    Helix

    ReplyDelete
  7. New attractive potential partner can be a motivating factor for you to work harder on your body. Take it as a stimulant...there is no right and wrong to meet ppl from grindr, and I believe you are smart enough to judge....good luck and let's keep fit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orang hantar bagi you, you tolong dia advertise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. drools...

    but hey, ur doctor talks is actually quite hot... lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. i do agree with anonymous statement...too good to be true cant be really true...there will always be some 'catch'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. anonymous, thank you for your advice. but i'm not as superficial as u might think. but then, i dont blame u as u do not know me in person. tuls is my friend. and I personally find him hot. so...

    nicky, lucky? as if he's mine.

    darren! :) nah. just browsing around on grindr. not having much expectation too. and thanks for the tips on weight control.

    helix, yep. thanks thanks.

    skyhawk,do u have to be any fitter? heard u already are.

    william, aiya kor, ive got his permission prior to posting the pic here le. :)

    lucas, hot ar? next time i will whisper all those jargons into ur ears :)

    ash, ah. i'm not hot and i m not rich. hmm. wonder what catch can there be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. as i see it... i do think that he might be interested in sex... but at the same time... online places can be used to look for love...
    what i'm saying is that... just be careful...
    guard your heart but at the same time... enjoy the ride as well... =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha i know why u say it's possible to find love in cyberspace. :)

    yeah no worries. i dont think he's very much into sex. i don't think he finds me sexually attractive anyway.

    thanks for your advice. hope that i can get my ride asap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow that's a nice picture.

    I found your blog while reading I was a TULS's blog.

    Wow I just realized that it has been a year. So did you finally met with beach boy?

    ReplyDelete