Sunday, December 19, 2010

A box of sweets

Ee needs to present the case of the lady with colloid goitre in the ward to one of the consultant surgeons tomorrow morning. A case which I had presented during a bedside teaching session yesterday.

According to her, she didn't have the opportunity to clerk the patient due to time constraints. What a lame excuse, I thought. Hence, I had to lend her my clerking sheet.

After coming back from watching Tron : Legacy, I had to trudge reluctantly to the cafeteria a few blocks away to pass my clerking sheet to her. And she caught me by surprise by giving me a box of sweets as a repayment.

Yes, I was astonished. It's so sweet of her. Really.

Ee and I aren't really close. In class, she's kinda obscure. I'm not trying to sound egoistic and complacent here. But, there are always people in your class whom you know won't pose any threat to you academically or in any way. And I guess she's one of them. 

Well, the point I'd like to highlight here is, when you lend someone (whoever the person may be) a helping hand, without any expectation of being repaid, you never know what's in store for you.

I was actually kinda touched. As if I was embraced by a blanket of warmth and infused with a lingering sensation of sweetness. Something I hadn't experienced in a while.

Thanks, Ee.

5 comments:

  1. That kinda feeling just makes ur day real bright :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha, reward is best when u least expected it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. so u like chocolates ehh... :) *makes a mental note*

    LoL

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure nice to feel appreciated.




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete