Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Housemen

Today, I accidentally dropped a few coins while paying for my breakfast. Just as I wanted to pick them up, Dr. A already had.

Dr. A is one of the few housemen I've Googled about. We met a few postings ago. And I can't really remember his name now. I have this habit of Googling about housemen or even consultants I find attractive, which you can definitely equate with stalking, but of a rather benign and harmless variety.

I've never really seen Dr. A smile. He's not one of those easily approachable housemen who'd take the first move to chat a med student up. 

Hence, I was pretty surprised by his kind gesture. I stood at the counter, momentarily stunned and swooning over him because of his chivalry. Chivalry? What an inappropriate word for me, as I guy, to use. Could this be an ambiguous hint of my previously undiagnosed bo**om-ness?

I wanted shoot him the most resplendent smile I was capable of to express my gratitude. Yet, I just couldn't bring my facial muscles to form a grin.

The other day, I was eating a muffin - one of my stress remedies - when my heartbeats suddenly became chaotic on seeing Dr. Cute saunter into the cafeteria. We sort of had an eye contact for less than 2 seconds in the ward earlier. I was alone. However, I'd purposely chosen a table enough for more than 2 persons, the reason of which needs no further explanation here, I suppose.

I tried to eat as slowly as I could and was beseechingly waiting for him to sit with me.

I began to panic when I saw him inch towards me. 

Nevertheless, it didn't take very long for a spasm of pain and disappointment to develop in me as he walked past me to join his colleagues.

I don't know how some guys are able to lure their victims into their shower stalls in the gym with just a blink. They make it sound as though it's a child's play. But for me, it never seems to work. Is this associated with Feng Shui? By any chance?

11 comments:

  1. Damn. Where are these cute house officers? I am transferring there! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....cute housemen r everywhere.

    but r u for real? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope i can get to hospitals like that, it seems there's a lot in ur place. =D

    didnt see one when i try out my hospital week in general hospital though. -__-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talking about housemen, there was this doctor when I was interning at a hospital path-lab who seemed to be prying on me. My partner (she knew about my sexuality) swears that he gives me the 'eye' all the time. Once, when I did not come in for work, he apparently stood near the counter as if looking for someone... Hehehe!!! *wide silly grins*

    PS: He was quite a pleasant looking person...

    ReplyDelete
  5. erm... is that me in the last paragraph? hahahahah.. sorry too perasan.. cannot help it!! whahahaahahah,...

    ReplyDelete
  6. me perasan the last paragraph is like tuls too..haha

    smile first,then it will lead to chat,then to yumcha session then to......until to the bed:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. vincent,hahaha....maybe i m just less choosy. which hospital r u attached to?

    hdaran,oh i wish someone gives me the eye. haha. so erm did u date him or something? malaysian hospital?

    tuls, no la i wasn't talking abt u la. thought it sounds similar. =p

    nicky, erm....the grindr guy?

    ash, erm its not that easy.

    helix, ni yao shen mok? xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Lucifer, Malaysian Hospital indeed, but the man never made a move and I was too pompous to bat my eyelashes at him... :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. you targeted the wrong guy la. he is not that type lol




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete