Sunday, October 2, 2011

A day of being a Tai Tai

Had my lunch at Ben's, KLCC yesterday and went to an orchestra after that.

The guy who brought me there explained to me with much enthusiasm regarding the stories behind the pieces. I admit there were awkward moments when I pretended that I understood. Haha. But, on the whole, it's awesome. I didn't feel bored. Very interesting, in fact. I love the posh interior, the graceful moves of the conductor and the performance by the prodigies. Had I learnt music since young, I'd have appreciated it better.

Felt a bit apologetic though because I was late. I didn't know what to wear for an orchestra. Realized that the only pair of presentable pants I got was torn. So, I actually rushed to Zara to get a pair of pants 15 minutes before the orchestra began. I'm sorry, if my vanity annoys you.

Had our astronomically priced British high-tea at Harrods. I had scones for the first time in my life. They tasted marvelous together with some sort of cream with a fancy name I can't remember at the moment. Well, you can't blame a small-town kid who hasn't been to the UK for being excited over scones. 

When I related to Niz about my new passion for scones during dinner, he told me with a tone of scorn that they're sold in Cold Storage. But, I doubt they're as good.

I'm glad to have met guys who bring me to nice places and restaurants that make me feel happy internally. Which also makes me increasingly intolerant towards  guys who actually bring me to KFC on our first dates. Unbelievable. Not that I mind eating cheap food. I certainly can't afford to eat at Ben's and Harrods on a daily basis. Nevertheless, it's the effort that counts.

Drove to Cheras for a drink with my gay doctor friends. Nothing extraordinary. The only thing about it that's unforgettable was Adrian's haughty look on my tummy. Fine. I don't have the flattest tummy on earth. To make matters worse, I've even received comments that I'm a bear in the making. Hot bottoms are just plain irritating, especially during times when my market value is depreciating. 

Never mind. However unattractive and bearish I might seem to certain people, I must have confidence.

 一定要把全场hold住!:)


9 comments:

  1. WHo doesn't get excited about scones! Been to London and I still love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe taitai,try have high-tea at Starhill Tea Salon,the macaroon there are heavenly<3

    and i can't wait for the organ concert at mpo there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was clotted cream!

    ... now if only i could get such awesome clotted cream to accompany my 'nearly-there' self-made scones this morning :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love bears :) , i dig chinese guys that have some hair on their chest , not so much , but just a macho bit

    ReplyDelete
  5. next time u be the guy who bring me la :) ok??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes yes..Lucifer....please 把全场hold住! I used to be Skyhawk and now I have changed my blog due to some reasons...please kindly add me to your blog list and remove the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, you can head up to Cameron Highlands for nice scones too! Plus, the finest teas around. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. why do u hate bears like looks , i like it , hawt

    ReplyDelete