Sunday, October 12, 2008

About someone who just turned 28

It was a typical night back in May 2008. We met in a restaurant in Old Klang Road.

“ Haha. Now I know why you like to hold your camera in that manner when you’re cam-whoring. It certainly has a slimming effect on you,” he stated. An absolutely honest and candid comment, I’d say. But definitely not something you’d like to hear when you meet someone for the first time.

I flinched a little and stared at the guy half my size and 10 cm shorter than me in blatant disbelief in response to his statement.

Anyway, I wasn’t annoyed. In fact, I appreciated him for his veracity and truthfulness. I was very pleased and honoured to be able to finally meet William after months of sms-ing each other.

I’ve been making friends on the cyberspace for centuries. William is one of the very few who leave footprints on my heart and are willing to listen to the trifles and trivialities in my everyday life. It warms my heart that he always patiently listen to my exaggerated stories and descriptions as well as the ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ of the cute guys in I see every day. I guess it gets a little boring sometimes but he never complains. He’s more than just a virtual internet friend. He’s a nice person. He cheers me up me when I’m down, when I'm demoralized, when the guy I’m infatuated with likes someone else, when I extremely stressed or when I feel lonely and need to sms someone.

He might not look appetizing or alluring enough to stun and woo my simple mind which is saturated with impurities and easily gives in to temptations. He might not have a husky voice on the phone which arouses me. Yet, he’s someone I’d really love to hang out with during the weekends, had we got the opportunity. He’s one of the several people whom I’d reflexively think of if someone asks me who my good friends are.

Our relationship is completely placid. And hopefully, it’ll continue to flourish and its progress unhindered by the distance between us. Happy belated birthday, Gor. Hope you like the present I posted you.=) May happiness always be with you and the love between you and KH be an eternity.

4 comments:

  1. For a minute I was wondering which william you were talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. even i chuckled a bit reading about his comments regarding the angle of shooting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silencer - Happy Birthday to your idol....
    Hmm.. never got to see his face, only his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've just turned 28. your post is no 1 in google searching for this particular turn of age. there is a beauty in it. all this. coincidences. they who leave traces. contemplation. others living spaces. there is something young in it. and, by the way, happy birthday to you. and wish you have this young thing. kinda forever. shaky thing. enjoyable. like rain in strage cities. and first snow (you probably dont have snow, you are in some asian country, i guess - yet...). fresh mornings on others places. wondering... enjoy it, extra\ordinary guy.
    ps. did you know 28 is 2nd perfect number? first one is 6. and 3rd one is four hundred something. not sure anyone can make it. so thats the last chance.

    ReplyDelete