Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another fisherman

“ Encik, you kerja apa huh?”

“ Nelayan.”

Another fisherman. I was delighted upon hearing that. Very automatically, I started to picture the prominent exotic rectus abdominis muscles that’d be awaiting me the moment I exposed his chest and abdomen.

“ Boleh saya periksa sekejap?”

He gave me a tentative nod. And I proceeded to inspect his chest, palpate his apex beat and so on. I didn’t examine his abdomen (though I wanted to..hehe) as nothing in his history signified anything pathological in his gastrointestinal system. See, I don’t always lose my sanity and ethics when I encounter muscular patients. =)

---

I got an upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) but am recovering well from the sore throat, mild fever and temporary hoarseness of voice it gave me. It could be hospital-acquired. Not a punishment of being too hamsap, I hope. We usually go all out to examine patients with good and obvious signs, disregarding their disease status. They might be having unconfirmed pulmonary tuberculosis (TB), Hepatitis B infection or pneumonia. And personally, I rarely bother about taking the necessary safety precautions for they’re troublesome and time-consuming. Should have been more cautious.

---

Aaron has gone back to India. My cell phone has again sunk into an irritating silence. Aih.

I’m now alone in my room. Guess my roommates have gone out with their girlfriends. A bit lonely. How I wish there’s someone with whom I can share my joy, laughter and tears. Someone who cheers me up when I’m down. Someone who’s neither a fantasy, nor a figment of my imagination.

But…

Aih…

12 comments:

  1. Dude, another fisherman... so do you do any PR examination? LoL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having wet cough here and currently on doxy with Tussex :(
    Try sipping tea and some music after a good nap to lighten up. Else fails, call anyone for food, movie, sight-seeing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exotic rectus abdominis? Or did u mean erotic? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah..aaron has gone back..so sad la ~

    Ooo...I can be ur teman if u wan..only on MSN la..hahaha ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...........i rare hv the chance to touch muscular patient.Majority of the patient i ll touch are alck of exercise 1.haiz........

    ReplyDelete
  6. More & more fishermen swimming ashore to you. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you gotta give full physical examinations! You might miss a hernia or something!

    Well when you're bored you can always sms us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. tz: NO. haha.

    cyclohelix:thanks for ur advice lor. hope u r doing fine. what's ur name anyway?

    little dove:erotic lor. lol

    hamsap: huh?y u oso sad? aaron is virtually mine. :x

    thomas: haha. u r doing physio ma.

    twilight: farmers r hot too. :x

    leng zai paul:ya la.i should have examined his abdomen n done a PR exam la.sms who wor? u or calvin? lol. r u saying that i could have ur number? wa.. so flattered. what's ur number? :x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL.... try again next time. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha =) i dunno wat to say~

    but, we still can keep in touch wat =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fly over to Melaka now and let me accompany u. Ahaks!

    And u can nudge me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaron o Aaron o Aaron o Aaron o Aaron o Aaron o Aaron o Aaron....

    Hehe.

    ReplyDelete