Saturday, August 7, 2010

On being corpulent

Had a very heavy lunch. I can only read with grudging admiration about how Skyhawk worships his almost perfect physique (based on his description). And pictures of Eric flaunting his abs in his latest post certainly doesn't help to alleviate my feelings of guilt.

Sigh. How I wish I had the genetic configuration to stay lean like my roommate. He consumes double the amount of calories I do daily. He's a bit too lean. I guess it isn't too far-fetched to say he's skinny, which makes him an object of ridicule at times. He's been spending a fortune on food recently. I can tell he eats for the sake of gaining weight, which seems to be an exercise of futility so far.

I, on the contrary, am struggling to lose weight. I can eat a lot too when my willpower is not strong enough to suppress my ravenous appetite and my insatiable desire for delicious (usually very fattening) food. Yet, I'm different. I really enjoy eating. Whether it's a expensive meal in a plush restaurant or a plate of economical rice which costs me RM 4, I enjoy every bite and every moment of it. I can literally feel the excitation of the gustatory receptors on my tongue and the stimulatory impulses sent to the brain, filling me with immense pleasure.


Me: Kak, nasi separuh ah. Err....kurang sikit. Kurang lagi kurang lagi.


My roommate : Tambah nasi, kak. Tambah lagi. Itu daging banyak sikit. Kuah mau banyak sikit.

So, you can imagine how much mental torture I have to endure whenever I eat out with my roommate. I have to constantly remind myself of the pictures of hot guys in Simonlover's blog just to fortify my determination. Otherwise, I'd be subconsciously consuming the surplus calories my body doesn't need. And not to mention my propensity to buy a piece of croissant or muffin even after a bulky meal.

To me, good food is equally arousing and alluring as hot guys. Haha. Hence, I have a soft spot for guys who bring me to nice places and treat me to good food. *hint*

Nevertheless, in view of my brother's wedding in November and the fat pads which have silently resurfaced on various parts of my body, it's high time to be more disciplined. I hope I can shed a few kilos. It's for my own good too. My corpulence is such a turn off even to myself when I look at my naked self in the mirror, let alone my future boyfriend, who might appear anywhere, anytime.

Oh ya. I came across this on Youtube today. It's a game called Dragon Age. I'm still not sure how it works but I'm certainly going to find out more. =)



Going to watch the Last Airbender in the cinema now. Hope it'll be nice. Enjoy your weekend, guys!

16 comments:

  1. i have the same problem as your roomie.

    everyone talks about how hard it is to lose weight, but for some the struggle of putting on weight is also a torture.

    at times i force myself to eat more, but then i just get sick. i lose weight real quickly, so sometimes i worry if it will keep on dropping till i become a bag of bones lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. may be you should set a date with pluboy...he might be waiting ..hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. blame it on metabolism rate?

    i wanna watch too!! shit man.. hm.. maybe i will wait for bubu to come back before i watch it lo..

    @nicky05 ~ mereka dipisahkan oleh laut china SLUTan.. memang tak de harapan!! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sound so familiar to me: Kak, nasi separuh ah. Err....kurang sikit. Kurang lagi kurang lagi. Hahahaha!

    Anyway Sky is not hot and fit as you or Tuls may imagine...Im just putting lotsa hard work in gym. Since you appreciate food, you shall continue to eat but moderately; what the most importance is a good workout, a mixed of cardio and weight lifting...or Takashi's body combat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not that difficult. You need 3 things:
    1) Exercise - 3 times a week, start small
    2) Food - 6 small meals a day, it helps
    3) Rest - sufficient sleep and rest to help your body grow and repair itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same problem here. And I'm far too lazy to attempt any of the above. Damn. :)

    And no worries, the stress of housemanship should help with the weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree with alex.




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  8. j-boy, haha. i guess i can understand what u trying to say. after all, we're both at different ends of the extremes. =)

    nicky, nah. i don't think pluboy will take a second look at me. =) he's a metroboy now. haha.

    tuls, yala aku memang hopeless =(

    skyhawk,i just hope i could put in half the amount of the effort or time u devote to gyming. haha.

    alex, thanks a lot! =D will act upon ur suggestion.

    savante, haha. stress can either induce weight loss or......weight gain. i just hope that i won't have to deal with the latter.

    jino, =) thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just 2 days of skipping lunch....my trousers is already too loose without a belt >.<

    my opposite but (probably) equally agonizing condition....

    ReplyDelete
  10. pikey, can eat. but need to control.

    delusion, oh...u r on the other extreme huh. hahaha.sometimes, even a cup of plain water makes me feel fat. that's is how agonizing it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost misread "corpulent" for "copulate" LOL...
    Btw the act of copulation burns massive calories too. Go try it out ROFL...

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha. well. i heard about that too. wish someone's willing to copulate with me. :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG i so didnt know I was mentioned here.. hahahaa...

    eerrrr dear, its not about how much you eat, but rather how much calories are in them.. yes nasi kurang is the right way to go, eat more lean meat especially chicken breast to help fuel the build u want..

    always remember this: it takes about 2 hours of treadmill run to burn off a MCD meal (350kcal)... 3 hours to burn off nasi lemak, and 4 hours to burn off mee goreng (>500kcal)..

    a regular man burns about 1,500kcal a day without exercise.. 1,900kcal with cardio and trainings exercise.. while an instructor burns about 800kcal in each class...

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah bet u didn't know initially. but how did ya find out? haha

    yeah i knew it's hard to burn those calories. but damn!! i didn't know it's that hard!

    thanks for the info though eric. :D will bear in mind and exercise more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i was just reading blogs of people who commented in my comment hahaha.. then opps found myself kene mentioned here lolx...

    ReplyDelete