Sunday, August 17, 2008

WALL-E

It’s a love story between a somewhat obsolete robot and a sophisticated robotic probe.

WALL-E’s initial dismal attempts to hold EVE’s hand is a portrayal of how sweet falling in love can be, even among robotic beings.

EVE becomes temporarily comatose after having discovered the sign of life on earth (a seedling plant ) which symbolizes the possibility that mankind could someday return to earth. The fact that he adamantly clings on to the belief that she’ll wake up and that he goes to great lengths to protect her deactivated body, touched my heart.

Then, EVE is retrieved by the spaceship which sent her. WALL-E follows her and embarks upon a journey to outer space, uncertain of what lies ahead and awaits him. His willingness to sacrifice and unflinching determination to win her heart, made me want to fall in love.

And the final scene of their holding hands together, caressing each other’s head and kissing (via electrostatic discharge) was really heart-warming. It made my heart smile. It dawned on me how beautiful love could be.

Is love as simple as holding hands and being there for him whenever he needs you?

Can love ever be so simple, and yet so genuine and sweet?

6 comments:

  1. Love is simple and can be complicated sometimes. Is undescribeable.

    I was 'Awwww' when watching some scene in that show. Touch my heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to watch this!!!! No time to go and watch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah

    Alex you should! Is so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woi! Alex commented. :P

    Love is not 1s and 0s...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You want to hold hands is it.

    Nah take my hand :P

    But agreed interesting movie

    ReplyDelete
  6. @di: touched my heart too.

    @alex: oh mi gawd. u commented. XD Go n watch. worth-watching.

    @gor: yer. y u always know what's in my mind. anyway, what's 1s and 0s wo? top and bottom ar?

    @darren: where's ur hand??!!

    ReplyDelete