Thursday, September 4, 2008

Farewell to pussies

I flew back to my hometown in northern Peninsular Malaysia last Saturday after my last paper.

Nothing much has changed. The food. The people. The weather. Everyone is speaking Hokkien. I feel very much at home.

My first posting in year 3 is officially complete. Prior to the posting, the only thing I could think of was pussy, pussy and pussy. Yet, after 8 weeks of ordeal including the exam part which really had its toll on me, I felt it wasn’t that bad at all. It’s definitely something more than pussies, babies and pelvic masses.

I witnessed many things beyond the scope of the examination. The stubbornness of a mother who firmly believed her baby was still kicking after it had been confirmed dead in utero by a detailed ultrasound scan. The apprehension of a daughter who sat beside her mother with malignant ovarian tumour and basal cell carcinoma. The cheerful smile on the face of a girl with Down’s syndrome. The serenity that I felt when I saw a pair of fraternal twins sleeping calmly and peacefully in the warmer. And many other things which testified to the frailty and strength of mankind.

I’ll miss O&G, I guess.

---

Anyway, I dated someone. But it seems it’s not going to work. Before he alighted my car, he gave me a seductive look, signaling that he wanted a kiss. I was sort of pissed off. It’s the first time we met. A big minus. I declined. And still he gave me a peck on my neck despite my reluctance.

Things happen too fast. This is what I dislike about a gay relationship. A straight guy doesn’t kiss a girl on the first date, does he?

8 comments:

  1. yeah!! first one!

    I agree with you that it's too fast to be kissing on the first date! But somehow I like flirtatious guys, HAHAHA.. i will definitely wanna meet him for a second date...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only a kiss! A peck on the cheek! :) Maybe he thought things were going real well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree with savante..
    get to know him more i guess..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people have sex during their first meet. But for me, I think kiss on a first date is too fast.3rd 4th time is normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally not connected but... OMG your favourite book is Kumar and CLARK?!?! WHY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I guess it is a cultural difference, in the US a kiss on the first date between straight people is not uncommon. You know, in many ways, we have found here that straight and gay relationships and dating often are not that different. Just depends on what the two people want, I guess.

    He should have respected your reluctance but he might be worth a second date if you liked him. :-)

    ReplyDelete