Saturday, March 7, 2009

Flying back

The exam is over. The papers are hard. And I guess I'll manage to keep my head above the passing mark of 65 % and not have to resit any paper.

I'm flying to KL in a few hours time.

Speaking about travelling by plane, whenever the plane jerks due to air turbulence, the thought that the place might crash almost always emerges in my mind.

So, what do you do when you know the plane that you are on board is going to crash?

I'd write " Mommy, I love you. I haven't got the chance to tell you I'm gay. " with my full name below it on a piece of paper and tuck it into my mouth.

One of the most relevant things I've learnt from forensic dentistry or odontology, a sub-specialty of forensic medicine, is that the teeth are the hardest and most resistant tissues in the body. They can survive total decomposition and severe fire.

Hence, as far as I'm concerned, the police or forensic pathologist will be able to find the piece of paper in my oral cavity and identify my remains effortlessly, even after my body has been horrendously mutilated and my face burnt beyond recognition. Then, only can my family members make the necessary arrangements for my body to be formally buried or cremated so that my soul will rest in peace.

But still, considering the agony and the amount of mutilation my body would have to endure, dying in a mass disaster like a plane crash is definitely not how I want to depart this world, . Let's hope that I'll have a safe journey, so that I'll be able to meet the people I've planned to meet and do the things I want to do in KL.

9 comments:

  1. Morbid thoughts on the flight home? It's normal to worry about planes getting into accidents, but rest assured that crashes don't happen frequently and certainly not because of human error - usually it tends to fall on the equipment itself.

    But technology has advanced so much these days that flying isn't something so scary anymore. Just rest, and enjoy the flight back - you've earned it after a long exam. :)

    Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yooooorr... u r going to fly over for a holiday lar.. pls la... think something nice.. LOL

    Looking fwd to meet u again, as alwiz..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you seems like so worry to travel by plane... no worry be happy.... just enjoy the flight... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you arrived safely didn't you? Like pikey said you're going for a holiday so touch wood with the plane crashing. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. choi~!

    Don't think of bad things~

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sure the flight will be a fabulous trip for u ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always got scary thoughts as well when taking the plane, but never thought of the paper-in-the-mouth trick! LOL!!!
    Glad you've finished your exams :) And glad you're back too!

    ReplyDelete