Saturday, September 25, 2010

An accident

We were jerked forward by the inertia brought on by the sudden impact. I could hear a deafening thud simultaneously with the sound of shattering glass which completely dumbfounded me. The collision had already occurred before I could successfully bring my car to a halt.

Fear pervaded the air. Staying calm seemed to be an absolute impossibility. By the time I regained my composure, I realized that my heart was thumping erratically. I was perspiring profusely. The crippling hunger I felt during my lecture an hour ago had vanished. I didn't know how long my sympathetic nervous system had been activated. But, I did know we weren't catapulted out of the car nor injured.

The mishap took place at a roundabout in the heart of the city which immediately led to a traffic thrombosis. I'd always had the inclination to mercilessly curse people who got involved in an accident during peak hours which congested the already very stagnant traffic. The time for karmic payment had come, I thought.

A middle-aged man emerged unscathed from the Kembara I'd just rammed headlong into. The situation looked as if I was entirely at fault. But, thanks God, he didn't look barbaric.

My roommate, the only passenger, and I alighted the car. The driver of the Kembara alleged that I shouldn't have driven too fast. I shrugged my shoulders and didn't even bother to initiate an argument. I have to clarify here that although I can confidently defend a diagnosis I've made for a patient with justifications, generally speaking, I'm never good at arguing. I'm always the one who loses in an argument or quarrel.  Guess I just wasn't born with the fundamental qualities a criminal lawyer must possess.

His mechanic arrived while we're busy making phone calls to seek others' opinions as to how the situation should be dealt with. And his mechanic was hot, damn it. He unintentionally lifted his shirt in front of me. I could see his beautiful six-pack and treasure trail. Or did he do that intentionally? How does he know I'm gay? Is this some sort of strategy to dupe me into giving in to his baseless accusation and to pay the unjustifiable compensation he had demanded for?



To be continued.

11 comments:

  1. seriously? the mechanic was hot? my car died few weeks back and the mechanic was hot too.. those arms are to die for kinda thing.. jhahahahahah.. good for you...

    anxiously waiting for the 2nd part.. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that it wasn't a serious collision :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you were okay in that accident...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good that u r ok!
    Is your car badly damaged?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howbout the guy in Kembara? Good thg u are okay and no one was hurt (still need ur clarification on this) and also the hot mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol!

    I thought the story would've ended with descriptions of how things patched up and worked up. I laughed hysterically when I read the last paragraph XD

    It's a good thing that all of those involved were not injured =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! Glad you're alright! How bad was the damage anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  8. dont u remember i told u before that mechanics are as hot as fisherman also?:)

    glad you're alright

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think almost every mechanics is hot even my neighbor son who's mechanics is hot and good looking. Damn! must get his attention and bring him home at least we can enjoy at my bedroom. :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least you got to see a beautiful 6-pack as consolation. Hope you didn't pay too much and things will be settled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that this is just a minor accident...was your car damaged? What a good entertainment during accident...

    ReplyDelete