Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of the new posting

Fetched TB from the airport last night. He looked high-spirited and so immersed in love as usual. He flew back to hometown to meet his girlfriend.

Wish I had a boyfriend to go back to too during my holidays. It's rumoured that he'll be getting married next year. All of a sudden, I felt so depressed. And, not surprisingly, desperate.

Today's fun. Internal medicine is fun. It always reminds me that the irrevocable decision I made years ago to apply for med school was right. Well, perhaps, I don't quite fancy the exam part. As a matter of fact, I'm always at a loss whenever it comes to neurology. Yet, generally speaking, internal medicine is always one of my most favourite subjects. I do hope I can be come a physician in future.

I offered to present a case during the bedside-teaching by an internal lecturer today. The one who's supposed to refuse to. I don't know what's there to be afraid of. It's presenting the history and physical findings in an exam-oriented manner and in the fashion lecturers like. Sometimes, I resent being in the same group with mediocre people who piss me off with their cavalier and lackadaisical attitude. This is when I wish I were grouped together with those who're slightly more kiasu. They're always on the prowl and in a desperate search for patients with good signs. Kiasu-ism is not tantamount to self-centredness or selfishness. You actually learn things from them. There's positive competition. Sometimes, you develop a symbiotic relationship with them. Sometimes, you realize how far you're lagging behind in terms of knowledge as well as the need to buck up and strive harder.

The 64-year-old guy I clerked today had liver cirrhosis due to chronic hepatitis B infection besides other concomitant medical diseases such as diabetes mellitus.

I actually noticed in the case note that he was having Fournier gangrene.

Fournier gangrene is a necrotizing infection involving the soft tissues of the male genitalia. The predisposing factors include diabetes mellitus and cirrhosis.

I need to eat less doughnuts and croissants.

8 comments:

  1. Woah~~ Shocking pic but painful to see that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just finish my dinner when i saw this...should empty my stomach before reading your blog..haha

    p/s:the vajajay pic before was better than this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sweet food.
    Am I at a risk of diabetes because of that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh nu. ._______. I'd take the vagina anyday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. on 2nd thought, i take that back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why oh why~ Don't show some ill factors pix le.. so geli~

    ReplyDelete