Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The ice was broken

Went to gym with Dan and Caleb yesterday. And to my amazement, I was able to strike up a conversation with him. Well, I have to thank Dan for this. His presence did help to boost my courage a bit. Yet, I can sense that Caleb still looks a bit shy or uneasy when talking to me. I don't know if it's me who's being too bold or it's his nature to not open up to people whom he doesn't know well.

At the moment, I feel a deep sense of achievement. However, there's no room for complacency. Attempts to establish a closer bond with Caleb will begin in earnest from today onwards.

Chinese New Year is nearing. Everyone's in CNY mood. Haven't studied my books and notes for the past few days. Psychiatry isn't really my cup of tea anyway. Can't wait to fly home.

Mom called to inform that my flight this Friday had been delayed by a few hours. And I was kinda touched when she asked me what I wanted for my birthday which would fall on the auspicious day of Chor Yat, which also happens to be Valentine's Day. I was told that my siblings were also willing to chip in. Well, occasionally, I do crave for an i-Phone or a brand new laptop. Nevertheless, it'd be very unfilial of me to demand such an expensive from my parents whom I'm still financially dependent on.

Well, can I have Caleb as my present? ;-)

8 comments:

  1. It's Lunar New Year, not another Chinese's one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh and you can slowly unwrap him too AHHAHAHHAHAAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure just wrap him up in a big angpow and delivered to your doorstep hahahaaha happy cny

    ReplyDelete
  4. With that kind of request, I think your family would gladly get you a brand new laptop or i-phone. Lol ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 in 1. So much to celebrate for you. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes u can
    bring him home with u to kangar hehehe

    ReplyDelete