Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lunar New Year

How's everyone celebrating Lunar New Year?

Wanted to write a lengthy post on how I celebrated CNY and my birthday. But, I guess i just didn't have the time. Was back for only 5 days.

My 23rd birthday is kinda special as I had the opportunity to blow the candles twice.

It's 3.30 am and we're gambling in Boon Ai's house. At the very moment when I thought my birthday had been forgotten, the lights were switched off and the host emerged from the darkness with 2 slices of cakes with lit candles on them. How sweet!

20 hours later, Nemo and Fang Lian came to my house with a Secret Recipe cake. There's a gathering in my house that night. And I really didn't see that coming. I was more than elated to have another round of cake-cutting and wish-making.

I bet you know how it feels when people actually remember your birthday and give you pleasant surprises. Besides, you know who really mean it when they say they care about you. I was kinda awkward and appeared blunted when everyone's singing around me. Yet, deep down in my heart, I was touched. My thoughts sorta reeled back to the moments when we're in high school. I miss the days when we studied like mad to ace in examinations and how we motivated one another. I miss the intense fear I felt before I sat for a paper. I miss the 3 guys I fell in love with but never had the chance to confess. I miss eating Nasi Lemak with Kelvin after Azurani's class. I miss Additional Mathematics and Chemistry. I miss debating. I miss the first blowjob in my life (though it was less than satisfactory), thanks to Kelvin. I miss fooling around with my classmates. I miss my graduation trip.

Except for the fact that I was outrageously fat, I had an otherwise happy adolescence. The memories I had during that period of time will never be obliterated from my mind.

Now, it seems almost everyone has got a stable relationship. It's not surprising at all to see everyone get married in a few years' time. And obviously, I'll be the one constantly bombarded with such questions as ' Where's your girlfriend? ' , 'Why you still don't have girlfriend ah? ', ' You so *toot* also nobody wants ah?', ' Are you gay?' and so on.

I'm not sure if we'll have gatherings of this scale in future when everyone's got his or her own family, career and kids. I don't know if I'll be gradually forgotten but right now what I can do is to cherish what I have.

God, let me pass my Psychiatry exam next week and please make Caleb gay. If the latter is not possible, get me a replacement by my next birthday. =)

7 comments:

  1. hehe.. u didnt mention something else.. we remembered :P

    and good u got cake to blow.. i didnt... i only have cock to blow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passing Psych shouldn't be a problem :) Just hunker down with the books and hope you don't get a severe clinical depression ( near catatonic! ) like the patient I got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA...another Aquarius baby....XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope ur wish will come true as well! Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. anton, i m not sure =D

    nicky, yeah i am.

    simonlover,thanks. ahaks. anyway, caleb's prolly straight. sigh.

    ReplyDelete