Saturday, February 13, 2010

Male bonding

I've become unbelievably close to Dan. Just like Caleb, Dan’s my junior as well. In fact, both of them are actually roommates.

The first time we talked was on Facebook, I remember. Didn’t pay much attention to him initially. However, what I thought was a formal greeting from a junior surprisingly led to the formation of a special bond between us. Before I realized what was going on, we’re already sending each other text messages containing a colossal amount of flirtation.

Our conversations mainly revolved around the mundane things of day-to-day life. Nevertheless, he was astoundingly bold in the way he flirted with me, as if he’d known my liking for guys. He wrote things that made me go gaga, things that a straight guy would certainly not say to another guy.

I could feel the authenticity of his sincerity and the care he’d shown towards me. He paid heed to everything little thing I mentioned. When I was doing Community Medicine Posting in a very provincial town, he surprised me with a piece of honey cake when he visited. He bought me an egg tart once to boost my spirits when he knew my mood was low. He bought me croissants because I said I liked them. He coaxed me into seeing a doctor when I was sick and treated me to an ice-cream to ensure my compliance to my medication. He motivated me when I was demoralized. He gave me wake-up calls whenever I needed one. We’d even watched a movie together, just the two of us.

It felt real, I must concede. Even till now, I think we behave like a couple more than friends at times. I’m not sure what he’s up to. Maybe, he just needs a brotherly figure to compensate for the loneliness he feels as the only child in his family.

I might have fallen for him. Yet, my rational self always gets the better of me. And fortunately, I still have Caleb to cling on to emotionally.

Dan has a girlfriend, by the way.

Gotta be cautious though. Being the most notorious pervert in med school who flirts with juniors of the same sex isn’t really a social stigma I’m very fond of.

17 comments:

  1. he's more of looking to u as a kor... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's just bromance. But it's always good to have a close friend. Helps us survive through med school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dh, what incest wor?

    eric, i think so.

    paul joo, tahashi? haha

    little dove, lol. i like the word. bromance. haha. yeah i think it's bromance. hmm. oh yeah, happy cny, little dove! i hope u get to go home this cny, unlike last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've alredy blown your cover. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. he treats u as a brother... u... tsk tsk tsk! lolz.

    gosh... word verification semaut... >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let him make the first move if any. Other than that just treat him as a brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. william, i purposely de.

    dh, aiyo. but he's not my biological brother ma.

    anton, =p

    paul, that's what i m doing . hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. He will be very close to you but always just a tad short of getting physical.

    By the way, Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahhahhah good start in the year of the tiger? happy cny...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe he just needs a brotherly role in his life... It must be nice to be surrounded by so many hawt juniors :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi... nice blog. Do u mind if we chat on MSN?

    ReplyDelete
  12. lucas, dan's not really cute =p

    contradictheory,mail me ur msn id at jtee91@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i missed u. ur stories. i really like ur blog. in fact urs is the 1st gay blog i ever read before i was linked to other's blogs. :)

    God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what a lovely story. so had the same, so screwed it up. love it while you can.

    ReplyDelete