Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bisexuality

This is just my personal view on bisexualilty as a conservative, old-fashioned, lovesick and desperate gay.

I face a lot discrimination just simply because I'm different.

I'm grappling with a kind of fear unfathomable to my family members and friends. Homosexuality definitely doesn't define me entirely. However, I'm certain that my homophobic friends are just going to label me as gay (if they knew) despite the fact that it's just a minute part of my life. They will condemn you at all cost. All you can do is to silently endure their mockery. Of course, I've never come close to being in such an undesirable situation, but I guess that's roughly how the scenario will be like.

Being different, therefore, has taught me to be less judgmental and more receptive to the differences of other people. If you flip through any psychiatry textbook, you'll be able to find out how many sexual paraphilias human beings are known to have. Beastiality. Paedophilia. Necrophilia. Coprophilia. Sadism. Masochism. Theoretically speaking, these disorders, some of which are illegal, are characterized by sexual impulses, fantasies and practices that're deviant, unusual and bizarre.  They might be psychologically damaged. Nonetheless, frankly speaking, I don't really find them that contemptible. They might be undergoing something I don't understand. I feel the same towards transsexuals, transvestites and last but not least, bisexuals.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, bisexuality per se, is nothing wrong. I don't it's easy for them either to live a double life. To experience so much confusion and deal with so many quandaries and dilemmas.

Yet, I'm pretty sure most of us gays have a deep sense of revulsion against bisexuality principally because bisexuals are notorious for having extra-marital affairs, their disloyalty, toying with our feelings and eventually settling down with the opposite gender, leaving us heartbroken (Little Dove, hugs). They get married and reproduce to to conform to the norms of society and to measure up to their parents' expectations. And in the meantime, they fuck guys. Now, that's what nauseates me.

I sympathize with their wives.

Sometimes, it's so annoying that they have a choice. And they can have everything. Wives. Children. Blessings from their parents and relatives. And a clandestine relationship with a guy. (Drew, I'm not referring to you.) =D

Truth be told, some of them can be really hot. Sizzling hot. Though it's wrong to generalize that all bisexuals are all only into sex, those whom I've come across are into sex with no strings attached. Forbidden fruits aren't supposed to be eaten. The heartbreaks are not worth it.

Ah! If only I had a uterus. If only I were straight.

12 comments:

  1. glad that you are not judgmental! its one of the points I am driving at; judge not lest ye be judged! BTW, I am currently not in any clandestine relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'd better not be! =p yup. who m i to judge anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have nothing against bisexual guys at all...and agreed what u said about them....but gay guys, i do dislike abit, dont know why...hahaha..joking...:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok this is becoming a trending topic huh :p

    You're right. Bi guys can have everything. But everyone involved is getting hurt. Whether they know it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bisexuals - coerced to conform to societies' expectations yet there is a little queer boy/girl in each and every one of them that yearns for more. However, that does not exclude them from the exclusivity and monogamy of any form of relationship be it marriage or civil partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think bestiality is in every way better than eating the animal. If it should be illegal then the same for KFC.

    Anyway, a lot of my straight friends know I'm gay, and we sometimes even talk about the guys I'm into. I guess they still treat me the same way after I came out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nicky, haha. aren't u gay too?

    j boy,i think it depends on what both parties are looking for.

    planjoe, i have nothing against bisexuals. it's infidelity i m not in favour of.

    delusion, haha i don't think what u r suggesting will happen for real. anyway, r u vegetarian? =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. just look out for potholes if you fear falling into one :)

    and i think today, everybody's just plain sick of labels aren't we? at least i know i fucking am.

    heck, there are even straight guys who fight for their straightness... hence the term MSM huh? a medicalized term aye?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...one man's meat is another man's poison. Even gay couple can't assure LTR and may be we shall set different expectation towards bi. Not all bi are married btw...

    ReplyDelete
  10. jamie, thanks. will definitely look out for the potholes. and totally agree. it's saddening when someone labels me as gay, though i've got no problem accepting the fact that i am.

    is there a need for them to fight for their straightness? well, whatever. i m not much of a gay activist myself n fighting for my gayness is just not my thing.

    MSM, as far as I know, is an abbreviation for men who have sex with men. it's used it medicine, yes.

    @ Skyhawk,err....how exactly can viewing bisexuality can assure the success of a long-term relationship among us?

    again, i m not against them. just that i despise those of them who're married and disloyal to their wives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just be who you are. Don't bother about what people say. After a while your real friends will appreciate you for who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. labels are important methinks because with them things can be more clear cut. for example if a friend tells you he's bi and then ogles at girls and checks out guys at the same time, it's not as shocking as if he told you he was straight or gay. It helps in reducing nasty suprises, but labels are just labels to prevent unnecessary expectations.

    The fox's thought over this quite a while ago and finally got the answer

    ReplyDelete