Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On being desperate

I've been feeling very diabetic of late reading how Skyhawk expresses his affection for his boyfriend and vice versa. So sweet and romantic.

Today, I saw Dr. Phuah in the obstetric ward. He's seeing a patient with thyroid disease in pregnancy. In the presence of such a huge distraction, needless to say, I failed to concentrate on clerking my patient.

I got his full name and looking for him on Facebook was the first thing I did after I got back. Disappointingly, he's kissing a girl in his profile picture. That explains why I'm PMS-ing at the moment. Now, the glimmer of hope that he's gay is lost.

I always have the tendency to assume people are gay and fall for them, only to be driven to despair in the end when I discover they're actually not.

I crave for love. I yearn to be hugged and kissed. I fervently wish that I had a boyfriend to whom I can give my body and soul. I wish I didn't have to wrap myself with my comforter and tears in my eyes, imagining that it's the guy I love hugging me.

And I don't know why I always attract people who freak me out and give me a chill of horror that raises good bumps on every square inch of my body. For instance, the immaculately dressed and well-groomed male stranger who followed me out of the changing room of the public pool, placed his arm across my shoulder and asked if we could have a drink. I could see the yearning in his eyes and the temptation rising uncontrollably within me. Yet, the situation was too frightening for me to think of anything kinky.


And not to mention the overtly friendly temple senior, a married man in his 40s and apparently bisexual, who treated me really nice. He bought me expensive meals and gifts. It doesn't take to realize the ulterior motives behind his generosity and kindness when it dawned on me that he'd known I was gay from the very beginning. He saw my gay profile online. Once, I even agreed to stay with him in a hotel as we had to attend an activity in the temple which ended pretty late. My university has an 11 pm curfew. What a close shave! 

Besides, recently, a perverse senior of mine discovered my blog and my identity was exposed soon after. I only suspected this only after he started asking me details of how I masturbate and satisfy my sexual desire out of the blue on Facebook, when in actual fact, I'm not even close to him. My hatred for him became stronger after discovering that Caleb, a junior whom I used to have a crush on, wasn't spared from his harassment as well. Despite my giving him a cold shoulder, he started texting me a few days back. I wonder why he has to approach people in such an eerie way. 

Why is it so hard to attract and arrest the attention of the guys I like? 

29 comments:

  1. youre just giving out the wrong vibes maybe.. whatever you do, improve yourself for yourself and nobody else..

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's the rush?

    you are still young (even in gay years!) and sound sane enough! Haha

    take it slow and Mr. Right will come along. Oh well, either him or Mr. Right Here Right Now.

    best wishes & virtual hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm...I also tend to assume people are gay....especially when I'm attracted to them.
    >.<

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take things easy buddy. From your posts, you seemed uptight at times.

    Don't rush into it. It's not like buying cKjeans!

    You deserve someone good. Your karma has not ripen. Be patient and the right one will come along. I know it is easy for me to say it but you must have faith.

    Meanwhile relax and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't rush into things... allow time to mature. You are so young, I believe the time will come when you least unexpected it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of us have the same issue, when we like someone, we will try to assume he is one of us...tell me your type of your desired bf, I may introduce one to you..lolx! Anway, like the rest, no rush please...you are so young!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May be you should ask yourself whether you are ready in serious relationship not because you are despo to get into relationship

    ReplyDelete
  9. relax!!! if it happens, it happens!!! craving, yearning, thinking and blogging about it would not make it happen any sooner! if its true love you are seeking then be patient! Last I heard, its a virtue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know how u feel...your situation is just like mine...this should made u feel better*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i can relate to the first half of this post.

    Getting a full name and facebooking them up, assuming guys to be gay, craving for love... yeah and I'm feeling desperate and lonely now.

    I think it's only a matter of time before i get eric's full name and discover the truth i don't wanna see :(
    Yet i'm still letting myself go through it. like a repeated cycle of torture...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally understand what you mean!! I have the same feeling, longing to be love but well you just have to understand that things just doesnt go the way you want them to be.
    True as well you can never attract guys you like but only the guys that you dont like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @tuls, ya i know i need to improve on 'that'.

    @jamie, mr right here right now? what's that supposed to mean?

    @Delusion, count astaroth, red vince,glad someone knew how i felt.

    @nicky, u could be right

    @drew, i blogged to make myself feel better, not for the hope that it would happen.
    @pikey, skyhawk, carpe diem, i hope i can meet someone nice before i become expired. but thanks for ur advice.
    @J-boy, well, tot u had an eye contact with him? haha. i wish u all the best. may eric fall for jboy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. @lucifer: a good fuck. to be forgotten tomorrow and lost in the the pages of your personal little black book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha jamie, haha, that's a good one. so,

    so did u not have a good fuck with evelyn's husband?...considering that u still remember it. xD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Assume that all guys are straight until proven otherwise. Just like suspecting pregnancy in teen girls with secondary amenorrhea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahahh. little dove,so have u seen him? :p

    ReplyDelete
  18. once upon a time i did assume that every hot guy was gay because he appealed to me.

    Then i just changed my way of seeing them: I'm just enjoying their beauty and not for love. From then onwards it was really easy to handle.

    You go to a temple too? so do i! Mine has lots of PLUs as well (but no datey, because a temple is not to find partners) maybe we go to the same one *jeng jeng jeng*

    the fox has been wizened up from experience...

    ReplyDelete
  19. we always wish for the hawt guys we been eyeing to be gay,not straight nor bisex,hoping he will sensed your gaydar,approach and sit beside u and have a little chat...nope,it'll not be happen if we keep fantasize!

    ReplyDelete
  20. With the creeps out of the way, your Prince will soon come!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello there.. It seems that we have a similar way of thinking..

    You've a nice blog here.. Been reading it for a few times already. I'm a friend of TULS. So i'm like reading it from his links..

    Well reading your posts certainly makes me think, what the most important thing is for me to understand in being gay. I'm still confused about how things work, still searching for an answer to overcome the way i think.. Ah, i don't know.

    It's a nice blog.. Keep it going..

    ReplyDelete
  22. I kept on reading your posts and i just think that they're just so beautiful.. I would like to know you.. If you don't mind that is..

    AND i'm really really impressed to your English (not to mention attracted, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  23. little fox, apparently, you're bi.

    bradley, u r totally right! haha. totally agree with u. :p

    kor, the creeps aren't out of the way yet. :(

    qihong, thanks for reading my blog. haha.r u the qboy he has been talking about? anyway, my english is just ordinary. i can introduce to a few bloggers who write much better english if u want. haha. and of course, we can be friends if you're sincere and nice. =D (but i m fat)

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey i'm curious...
    Is Lucifer = Darren?

    or 2 different ppl?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cz when u care, u tend to hold back. Dont worry, you'll meet the one la, cz if he is the one, you're destined to meet him. (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh purlease, i'm fat too..

    No probs for reading your blog. I just finished reading every single post, and it's just a really awesome feeling :) WHY HAS HE BEEN TALKING BOUT ME? BOUT WHAT O_O And yes i'm THAT Qboy.

    Sure thing, but i'll let you decide on whether i'm sincere or not :p

    ReplyDelete
  27. let it flow naturally, and let things handle itself. From there, things can be right for once...

    ReplyDelete
  28. j boy, yes. sorry for the confusion.

    xiao yi nv, haha. thanks. =D

    qihong, we'll see how it goes.

    ian, hopefully lor. :p

    ReplyDelete