Wednesday, July 14, 2010

祸不单行

I've been very unlucky lately.

It started with my being a scapegoat for someone's blunder serious enough that a letter of apology to the head of the department was obligatory. It's extremely mortifying when we're given a stern telling-off. What really got on my nerves was the refusal of one of the main perpetrators to own up to the mistake and his accusation that the rest were more guilty.

You know how the truth always becomes convoluted by rumours or when the person spreading them wants to portray himself as being more victimized and less guilty. Despicable! I guess I'm kinda notorious now. Certain things take years to be built and yet it's so fragile that it can be marred within seconds. A good reputation just happens to fall under this category.

When things like this take place, you can tell who your friends are. However, I think the practical thing to do now is not to linger on the past but to learn from the mistake and be more cautious in future.

Apart from that, I injured my right index finger by accident in the gym a few days back. I'm not a frequent gym-goer. I was merely acting upon the suggestions of a few friends who unanimously agreed that I should give it a try. I wasn't familiar with the equipment and that's how I got a laceration on the palmar surface of my right index finger.

My roommate rushed me to the nearest hospital where I received two sutures and some chloramphenicol ointment plus a course of oral antibiotic for RM 1. Guess that's the upside of seeking treatment in a government hospital. Unbelievably cheap. Nevertheless, the waiting can be frustrating.

There's still some tingling sensation and numbness over the tip of my finger. It affects my writing and interferes with my daily ritual -- jerking off. I'm kinda worried if this will be permanent. I've forgotten my orthopaedics and was wondering if I should consult a doctor.

Despite being emotionally affected by the unfortunate events and academic stress, I can't help swooning over several cute housemen in the department, namely Dr. Nerraw and Dr. A. Dr. Nerraw looks Chinese. I've yet to find out his full name but I don't think he's of the Chinese descent. Maybe Sino. He's got a tall figure and beautiful facial features. Scrumptious! He never really smiles though. I'm pretty sure I'll fall into a swoon if he ever flashes one to me. As for Dr. A, he's slim and lean. Always clad in trousers which accentuate his anterior bulge and butt. Tantalizing!

6 comments:

  1. Stay away from those type of people. They are the very worse you can find on this earth.

    Glad that you are moving on. This lesson in life you must remember by heart because you shall be tested again and again in your working life later on.

    Be careful la bro. I always have the phobia that my fingers will be caught in between the levers of the machines.

    The housemen somehow brought life out of your otherwise mundane and stressful day at the wards..P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe.Currently i'm in Pangkor for a short course. There's a manly yet friendly MO who mixes well with us!!!Sigh! If just he's working with me as well! =(

    ** And be careful of backstabbers as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, as soon as I read "i've been unlucky lately" i tot that meant you haven't gotten laid. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. carpe diem, i will be more careful.

    simon,what course is it? is there a hospital in pulau pangkor? so is the manly MO hot? i just saw the MO whom i m a fan of yesterday. he's in the medical department but for some reason he's in the gynae ward yesterday. cuteness.

    bunny, so have u been lucky lately? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go say hello to Dr A and Dr Nerraw. They're just too busy with work. Offer to help with blood taking and then it'll lead to more. ;p

    What happened lately? I heard you guys got banned from Paediatrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well i did have a brief conversation with dr nerraw. haha. i was so happy.

    dr A is kinda cocky.

    banned from paeds? not sure. didn't hear the juniors talk about it. i've done paeds anyway. so i m safe. haha.

    ReplyDelete