Saturday, January 10, 2009

Australia

I haven't shed tears for some time. But, Australia, a movie about an English aristocrat who travels to the faraway continent on the brink of World War II to save the land she inherited, made me do so today.

The motherly instinct portrayed by Lady Ashley (Nicole Kidman) when she goes to great lengths to save the aboriginal child, Nullah, really touches me.

Being a typical mommy's boy, very naturally, I began to think of my mom whom I hadn't seen for 5 months. I started to picture the endearing smile on her face when I told her I fared badly in a test. I started to reminisce the joyful moments she read me bedtime stories. Mothers are great, aren't they?

I know of people who dislike, or are contemptuous of their parents, for certain reasons. I, too, used to go through the stage of disobedience and rebellion during my adolescence.

"You'll understand when you're older", my elder sister told me.

With a little bit of maturity penetrating my mind as I entered adulthood and after a little bit of metamorphosis, I now see things differently. And I begin to understand what my sister tried to convey.

I guess I really am a fortunate child. Hehe.

By the way, Hugh Jackman is damn hot! I admit I watched the movie partly because of him. He never fails to stimulate me with his perfect physique and indescribable beauty.

5 comments:

  1. Seems like everyone I know has seen it! I definitely need to go catch it on of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Sam, I haven't and I dont intend to watch it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kewl show right! Just wondering why the critics hated it. I mean it is full of cliches but hey, it's still nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, miss my mum too. Though she likes to nag me a lot, i know she love and care about me very much.
    Mommy, i love u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... I do agree that Australia is a good movie!

    D

    ReplyDelete