Monday, January 12, 2009

A compliment from a fag hag

The one-week post-exam break was a period of fun and recuperation.

I basically spent my time patronizing KTVs, watching the latest movies, swimming, shopping and reading a novel. Last but not least, I hung out with my newly appointed fag hag too.

“You’re a clumsy boy with a meticulous soul inside. A careless boy who remembers petty or trivial things. Things I told you 2 years ago. Things that people or even I myself tend to forget. And that’s really sweet of you, you know? It’s going to be really great for the single girls out there if you were straight,” CH jokingly said that.

I responded with a smirk, a hint that I had relinquished all hope of turning straight.

I’m aware of my ability to recall little unimportant things which no one would bother to remember. I’m very good at doing that. It staggers me at times when I realize I remember the nickname of the very first guy I met on cyberspace when I was 13, the high school name of a random net friend whom I’m no longer in touch with, birthdates of nodding friends I’m not close to, the exact date I viewed JY’s Friendster profile and so on.

Yet, I was sort of touched when she said that, for she’s the first person around me who realized it and complimented me.

Unfortunately, this special ability of mine doesn’t work when it comes to studies. Those mechanisms, pathogeneses and pathways never seem to stick to my mind despite repeated memorization.

Maybe, it's true when they say you forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

And you want to know how clumsy I can be? I lost my wallet thrice within a month but every time, a good Samaritan returned it me. I broke my first spectacle the first day I wore to school. I accidentally threw my boarding pass together with the sweet wrappers into the dustbin but managed the find it 5 minutes before the plane took off. In short, it’s an acknowledged fact that I’m clumsy.

Perhaps, that’s why all my family members dissuaded me from pursuing medicine. But like I said, I was rebellious.

14 comments:

  1. Clumsy is fine.

    Klutzy - now that's something you don't want to be, and trust me - I know klutzy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fact is u're not clumsy. You tend to think alot while u're on the move... sometimes u don't realise wat u're doing or daydreaming in short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remember the first time you sms-ed me? lol

    You're really a trivia queen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, so I get to know another side of you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such excellent memory! Would you donate some of your brain cells to me? ;p

    You must be a really wonderful guy for a girl to say that to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i do hv the same meticulousness u hv~ weeee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...I guess most gays are meticulous and sensitive beings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am different, i tend to forget names , roads and dates. But i am good on picking up ppl's habit( like what you prefer eating and more) i think i am good in observing. I have lost my phone and wallet more than i could rmb. Though in the end i found it back. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. sam, i guess i'm not...hehe

    anonymous, oppss...sounds like u know me pretty well...

    william, yes. i do remember.

    jim, u seem to be interested in me..?LOL kidding...

    little dove,i'm sure u r pretty good urself..heh. my brain cells only work well with remembering trivial matters le. but anyway,it's very sweet of u to say i'm wonderful ( i do think i am in a way)

    jd cole,so...we should get to know each other more i guess.... XD

    julian, well,i think most are.

    jason, i'm very good at remembering what people eat and don't eat too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're absent-minded as it comes! Good, can refer to you for trivial matters if required. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wah! You remember that?! Amazing la you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. janvier, sure!! FOC for u! :)

    alex,yep. i do remember that. perhaps it's because it's May 1st.easy to remember ma

    ReplyDelete
  13. do men still find clumsy boys cute these days? i doubt that. haha

    ReplyDelete